Another YZ-to-WR triple clamp question

24 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted June 15, 2015 - 01:53 PM

'12 - '14 ?

The rearward facing cylinder YZ bikes have the new TC and offsets, whatever year those are.

The WR upper fork tubes are 54mm.  The new YZ upper fork tubes are 52mm.  You need to bore out the upper clamp 2mm.  I used a simple boring bar on a milling machine.  It took an hour.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, June 15, 2015 - 02:02 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 15, 2015 - 01:58 PM

'12-'14 WR's?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted June 15, 2015 - 02:00 PM

'12-'14 WR's?

Yes, on '12 to '14 WRs.  Not sure about previous (non SSS) years.  Mine is a 2012.

If I was going to the work of upgrading TCs on a pre 2012, I'd upgrade the forks to SSS as well.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, June 15, 2015 - 02:01 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 15, 2015 - 02:35 PM

I do know that the YZ SSS and the WR SSS forks have substantially different flex characteristics; the YZ being much stiffer.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted June 15, 2015 - 02:43 PM

I do know that the YZ SSS and the WR SSS forks have substantially different flex characteristics; the YZ being much stiffer.

All the WR fork part numbers except the lower fork leg and a few damping components are the same between the '12+ WR and the pre rear cylinder YZs.  Not sure about the rear cylinder YZs, but the upper diameter of the fork tubes is smaller on them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.