Thumper Bar Riser for ProTaper?

5 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted May 07, 2001 - 06:17 PM

Does any one know if Thumper Racing makes a 1.5" riser that will mount up to the stock triple clamp and take a protaper bar?
Renthals are making my hands numb.

• paul913

Posted May 08, 2001 - 07:10 AM

TOP, I haven't seen any from Thumper, but the owner of Woody's Wheel Works (Denver) was showing me his ProTaper set up last week. He has the ProTaper Woods-Hi bars and a set of risers. I didn't get the exact brand, though. I'll check with him the next time I'm in his shop.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 08, 2001 - 08:13 AM

Pie Man,
MAYBE there is SOMETHING ELSE you are doing with your hands that make them numb :). You cannot use your bike as a scapegoat forever, you know! Just 'fes up and tell the truth.

Remember to always tell the truth, it is easier to remember than which lie you used! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted May 08, 2001 - 06:16 PM

NH Kev,
Some old sayings, "if your not going to use it then build a garage over it". And I am not ready for an addition at this point, besides the 40lbs I would need to build it would take too much beer. And it seems to complicated for my wife, i tried telling her its simple, fire it up and let it rip.

Good to hear from you. What kind of insane surgery are you performing on your bike, it boggles the mind, and sounds much to complicated for me.
Good Riding

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 09, 2001 - 07:03 AM

I DRILLED out my carb's main air jet and the air jet port, along w/ jetting changes. Our crazy, lunatic engineers, JD, Taffy, & Andy just swear this is the ticket :)

When I get this TPS back working (or replaced), I'll be happy. Initial results are FANTASTIC though.

I will post my results for whoever (whomever?) wants to go crazy too!

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Posted May 15, 2001 - 02:50 PM

Talked to Baja Designs today. They do make bar risers for Pro Taper bars. :)

Mine should be here shortly.

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.