yz450 exhaust clearance

No replies to this topic
  • dugfunn

Posted May 14, 2015 - 07:34 PM

I was recently training for this weekends race, and bike fell off trailer. the right peg hit first, but noticed mark on exhaust pipe all the way up front, and l noticed it was very close to what maintenance manual refers to, as coolant pipe#2. What is crazy, is when explained what had happened to others, l expressed my fear that something undetected could get bent, and the cooling system affected, and burn up the bike. l said all this before l noticed how close exhaust was to coolant pipe. I can not slide a piece of paper between the two, but nothing looks amiss, can anyone tell me of what the distance of exhaust pipe from cooling pipe should be, I am scheduled to race important event, and can't replace pipe that quickly.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.