WR450 street legal kit

4 replies to this topic
  • NEXCOMPAC

Posted May 13, 2015 - 08:40 PM

When hooking up the kit for power to allow the lights/blinkers/horn work, what lead should I use?
I could pop into any hot lead, but my kids will find a way to leave a blinker on and kill the battery. Is there a recommended way/spot to tap into a power line only when the computer is on?
Thx all!

• Derwud

Posted May 14, 2015 - 07:26 AM

Year of the bike and kit manufacture..

I plugged into "on" side of the switch.  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NEXCOMPAC

Posted May 14, 2015 - 07:30 AM

Sorry, it's an 06 WR 450.
Do you have a picture of how you connected and color of wire? Or is there a wire diagram you used?

• Derwud

Posted May 14, 2015 - 08:43 AM

Sorry, it's an 06 WR 450.
Do you have a picture of how you connected and color of wire? Or is there a wire diagram you used?

I just followed the harness from the switch to the connector and used a test light to verify which wire got power with the switch on. 

• chu

Posted May 14, 2015 - 10:53 AM

Switched positive is brown on Yamahas in my experience.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.