Does the woodruff problem all go away w/ the '04 starter upgrade?

2 replies to this topic
  • SHANEDOGG

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:47 PM

I'm seriously considering an '03 WR450, but I just want to know if all problems with the woodruff key go away when you upgrade to the '04 starter conversion. So I wouldn't necessarily have any more issues when this is completed? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 17, 2004 - 10:51 PM

5spoke has had a back fire and a large clunk from the torque limiter. His bike restarted ands kept going fine. All indications show that there are no failures to date on an 04 or a converted 03. :)

• PBDBLUE

Posted February 18, 2004 - 05:09 AM

Can't speak for the retrofit but I have had zero problems with my '04. I have well over a 1000 miles on it at this point almost exclusively electric start. One thing if you get an '03 with the original stock jetting make sure to rejet it. The 03's came jetted extremely lean which IMO aggravated the situation.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.