Stammering 2012 wr450

29 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 19, 2015 - 06:26 PM

I doubt the problem is in the head, unless the timing chain has skipped a tooth.

You could check that without opening the head....

I still think it's a bad injector or pump.

• comp123

Posted May 20, 2015 - 03:03 AM

One of the first things I did was look at the timing. If you look at the picture in my first post it shows the cam positioning with the crank solidly lined up. It looks off as I describe in the post. Going to order an injector today.

• comp123

Posted May 29, 2015 - 12:56 PM

Okay found the problem.It was only the crank, cylinder, and piston.

• vlxjim

Posted May 29, 2015 - 07:54 PM

Oh that great news! Glad it was just that. Give us some info.

• comp123

Posted May 30, 2015 - 12:57 PM

http://www.thumperta...g#entry12174911                                                   It all started with this blog. Thought I was all good but the overheating took its toll.  So, It is what it is. Bought a crank and cylinder kit.  https://www.rockymou...re-Cylinder-Kit   Need to get a few gaskets and I will put it back together soon. Anyone know where I can download a service manual? Looks like I'm going to spend, about a grand in parts for this one. The WR is still a fantastic bike, I just pushed the envelope. I'm sure you'll here from me during my rebuild so thanks in advance. Thanks everyone for your help on this one, keep you posted.

Attached Thumbnails

• heads cherokee wr450engine dave 071.JPG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offrd beatr

Posted May 30, 2015 - 01:43 PM

http://www.amazon.co...EgrL&ref=plSrch

• comp123

Posted May 30, 2015 - 07:06 PM

Nice discount. Thanks you just saved me 170.00. I only paid 185.00 for the crank, removed from a brand new bike.

• guru

Posted May 31, 2015 - 10:59 AM

Glad your getting it sorted. Looks like you have a sufficient supply of CDs for the rebuild.

• comp123

Posted May 31, 2015 - 11:31 AM

Anyone know where I can download an engine diagram?

• comp123

Posted August 01, 2016 - 07:32 AM

Never posted final results so here go's. Yes my motor could have used a rebuild, but this was not my problem. Once the new motor was installed, I still had stammering. You should hae seen the look on my face! For a stammering 2012 WR450f, Check your AIRBOX well. Holes made by exhaust. One way this can happen is your FMF pipe mounting bracket snaps causing it to rub against airbox. also check throttle body boot to airbox, make sure all is seated and sealed properly. Once I replaced my airbox and boot, Problem solved....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.