vortex cdi problem

1 reply to this topic
  • dolan4265

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:32 PM

hey guys, i got a vortex cdi for my old yz400f
it runs bad kinda seems like its misfiring, wont rev out and has no power
when i bang on the little black box it runs fine for a while, pulls strong and revs to the moon
any ways to fix a cdi or any ideas on what i can do besides banging the box every 5 minutes ;)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • not_again

Posted May 11, 2015 - 04:35 AM

CDI's are a replace-to-test item. No way to repair them unless you happen to be an electronics expert. The first thing I'd do is call or email Vortex and explain the situation. They are liable to just send you a new CDI for free. At the least they'll have the ability to repair yours. It's most likely a broken lead inside the case.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.