Carb vent barb

7 replies to this topic
  • toten

Posted May 09, 2015 - 07:41 PM

The barb for the vent hose on my carb, right next to the choke, is broken. Is there anywhere I can get a new one? 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 09, 2015 - 07:49 PM

• BlueBeast400

Posted May 10, 2015 - 12:11 PM

Been trying to find you some useful information with no luck. The problem is it's a part that "should not be removed" according to Keihin, therefore it is not shown on an exploded view of the carb. You should contact them directly. I'm sure they could help you out.

• toten

Posted May 10, 2015 - 12:55 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it isn't supposed to be removed, but I'd rather not replace the carb. In case I'm using the wrong terminology:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 10, 2015 - 02:40 PM

I would seal it off and just run and 'up' vent.]

Edited by KRANNIE, May 10, 2015 - 02:41 PM.

• toten

Posted May 10, 2015 - 04:29 PM

I hadn't thought about sealing it off, I guess that makes sense. 

Why do the vents need filters? It's a supermoto so it's not getting too dirty. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 10, 2015 - 04:49 PM

Everytime you start or stall the motor, you suck the surrounding air into the carb. 

• toten

Posted May 11, 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hmm, I didn't realize that. I would have expected them to have a filter from the factory in that case. 

I think the track I want to go to requires a catch can for carb overflow, which should do the trick. 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.