First big backfire while starting the '04 & MSNusers popup problem.

36 replies to this topic
  • 5spoke

Posted February 17, 2004 - 03:41 PM

I was out riding tonight and had the first 'big' back fire while starting. It backfired and I heard a loud clank. I assume the clank was the 'torque limiter' slipping, which it is supposed to do. It started right up after that so it looks like the new starting system works for that occasional backfire.

I'll be honest, I don't want it to do that to often as the clank didn't sound good and I'm not sure how many of those it can take. What happened was, I'd been riding for a while then I stopped the bike and then started it, rode 50 yards stopped it and started it again. This is when it backfired in a big way. Don't ask me why. :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 17, 2004 - 06:17 PM

I've got my fingers crossed for ya! :)

• dirtstiff

Posted February 17, 2004 - 06:32 PM

Just ride and enjoy the darn thing.... You will worry the fun right out of it.I've tried to break mine and it seems to hold up great so far... And by the way, it also runs like a rapped ape too... Dirtstiff. :)

• 5spoke

Posted February 17, 2004 - 06:55 PM

Hey dirtstiff.

Whenever I go to a thread where you've posted I get a connect to msnusers sign in pop up. It's a pain in the butt to close the popup all the time.

MSN communities gives us a popup everytime we read a thread where you post. You may not know it's even there as it doesn't show up for the user.

Posted Image

• Flynall

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:00 PM

I get the same pop up!

Do you know what's up with that?

RH

• BigBlueWR

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:07 PM

I don't get any pop ups. Are you guys running spybot.

If not here you go: Spybot :)

• 5spoke

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:08 PM

If you use MSN to host your pics i.e. your avatar or any other pic in a thread, it will prompt other users to sign in. It's really irritating. The only way to stop it is to use someplace else to host your pics. :)

Dirtdobber had the same issue yesterday and when he hosted his pics someplace else it went away. I think the mods should put up a warning about this.

• 5spoke

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:10 PM

I use spybot. Are you signed in to a MSN service?

• BEAN329

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:10 PM

my 2003 wr450 backfires from time to time, no problem so far. Check flywheel torque just for fun !!

• endurodog

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:31 PM

5spoke thanks for the info. I wondered why that damn thing popped up from time to time, Puzzle solved! Now if I could get it to stop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:39 PM

Hey dirtstiff.

Whenever I go to a thread where you've posted I get a connect to msnusers sign in pop up. It's a pain in the butt to close the popup all the time.

MSN communities gives us a popup everytime we read a thread where you post. You may not know it even there as it doesn't show up for the user.

I'm not getting any pop-ups....

• 5spoke

Posted February 17, 2004 - 07:52 PM

5spoke thanks for the info. I wondered why that damn thing popped up from time to time, Puzzle solved! Now if I could get it to stop.

Are the guys that are not getting the popup signed into a instant message service? I wish I can find a way to get rid of it without signing into the damn thing. Like I said when DirtDobber change his pics it went away for me.

• endurodog

Posted February 18, 2004 - 02:49 AM

I never sign in, just hit cancel. It pops up the next time I sign on the post again.

• 5spoke

Posted February 18, 2004 - 06:02 AM

I don't sign in either, cause I'm not a member. Every time I go to a thread, where a person has MSN communities hosting his pics, I get the popup. The way I find out who is causing the popup is by clicking on the usernames on the left side of the screen until I get the popup on their signature page. Is there a way of puttin somebody on ignore? I't may stop the popups.

• BigBlueWR

Posted February 18, 2004 - 07:18 AM

Weird. I don't get any pop-ups. I use MSN IM, but don't always log on. :)

• 5spoke

Posted February 18, 2004 - 07:30 AM

I don't know what MSN feature is causing it, but I know it's irritating. :) There has to be a setting that you have and we don't. Are you sure you are completely signed out of msn. They may leave a cookie or something or other.

• BigBlueWR

Posted February 18, 2004 - 08:51 AM

Yep, I'm all signed out right now. No popups on my work or home computer. I never clear the cookies on my work PC. I guess you could use a popup blocker. :)

• WR250fla

Posted February 18, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I get the pop-up. PLEASE tell me how to make it go away!AAAGGGGHHHH.
Oh yeah, BTW my 03' makes that noise and I was wondering if any of the 04's were making it.

• Treebark

Posted February 20, 2004 - 01:56 PM

Mine has BACKFIRED a coupled times with no problems.

• ddialogue

Posted February 20, 2004 - 07:09 PM

Hey dirtstiff.

MSN communities gives us a popup everytime we read a thread where you post. You may not know it even there as it doesn't show up for the user.

Posted Image

A easy workaround is to simply add a line to the etc\hosts file that points www.msnusers.com to localhost. This will disable the login prompt, but it will also disable any name resolution for the site...but I've never been there and don't plan to visit. :)

Add this line to the etc\hosts file on it's own line
127.0.0.1 www.msnusers.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.