Anyone screw up the JamesNow Mod?

3 replies to this topic
  • gratefuldawg

Posted February 17, 2004 - 01:46 PM

I am about to try the JamesNow mod and wondered if anyone had any issues with their install. Always good to know how I could screw it up before I do.

• tctrailrider

Posted February 17, 2004 - 02:15 PM

Very simple mod.. Before you remove the carb bell mark horiziontaly where to make the cuts. The bolt holes in the bell are staggered and it would be easy to be off by about 20 degrees.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Disco

Posted February 17, 2004 - 02:35 PM

I sent you a PM grateful....

• holeshot426

Posted February 18, 2004 - 01:51 PM

I tried twice to get mine squared away. The first time I used thin stainless steel. It was too flimsy and I let some ot the plate hang into the rubber boot. When I put it back together the rubber boot flexed and knocked the plate out of alignment. I then switched to a more rigid copper plate and cut it off square with the intake bell. I took my time and shaped it perfect with a dremel, then epoxied it in with some plastic weld epoxy. Its been 8 months and still works killer, plus it was simple..... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.