Finally - a "guaranteed" not to bend handlebar!

Inside the front cover of my MXRacer mag. is a ad for a Azonic Deluxe Wall tapered onepiece handlebar with a crossbar. It was love at first sight. The quality and craftsmanship look great. Instantly started calling my local dealers then the mailorders then tried the Azonic website looking for info., bends, and a price. Nothing. Finally called Azonic. They claim its a ultracool, hightech, "guaranteed not to bend for life" handlebar. All for $119.95. OUCH. The bends are CR high,lo,YZ,KX,RM,and Mike Larocco. I asked for the measurements for the Larocco, but they did'nt know any of the measurements.

Seems like alot of money for handlebars, but if its the last handlebar I'll ever need perhaps its worth it. A little learry to buy a "guaranteed" product from a company that doesnt seem very organized. Anyone know what sizes a Larocco bend is, or any other info?

Thanks'

Couly

i had a set of azonics...they was good till they broke in half!!, while i was running in 1st in a cross country race...still not sure why they broke..i went in between 2 trees...barely, clipped the tree on left and the bars broke right below the crossbar..i started using pro-tapers after that...have done some high speed endos with them and they havent even bent...

Originally posted by couly:

Seems like alot of money for handlebars, but if its the last handlebar I'll ever need perhaps its worth it. A little learry to buy a "guaranteed" product from a company that doesnt seem very organized.

Thanks'

Couly

Will they pay the doctor bill? When you end up on your A$$, because the bars broke. ? ~Hitman~

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

I have had an Az for over a year, several crashes, one or two bad ones. Still straight as a string. I'm not sure what bends they come in but mine is the stock YZ bend. They are way heavy though if that's something you watch.