Foam air scoop inserts, 14-15 yz450f

10 replies to this topic
  • Juice222

Posted May 05, 2015 - 08:55 AM

Does anyone run them or know where I can get a set? Also curious if they affect air flow or rob horse power at all. Would be a nice option for dry days at the track.

• krony506

Posted May 05, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Does anyone run them or know where I can get a set? Also curious if they affect air flow or rob horse power at all. Would be a nice option for dry days at the track.

I have a brand new set unopened if you want them.

• Wiz636

Posted May 05, 2015 - 02:06 PM

PC Racing Flow shroud filters https://www.rockymou...Filters?v=10891

I have some for my '13. I like the fact that they will keep debris like mud or roost from entering the airbox. They are pretty coarse/porous so I doubt they have any negative affect on airflow. In super dusty conditions I have sprayed them with airfilter oil and it helped out. But I run them primarily to keep debris out.

• LeanBurn

Posted May 06, 2015 - 04:10 AM

They help a lot on keeping debris and dust out of filter. I never oil them because I don't want them to plug up. On a dusty enduro I will swap in a clean pair at a gas stop. No power loss.

• philamoto

Posted May 07, 2015 - 10:10 AM

Rocky Mountain sells them. "PC Racing Flo Shroud Air Filters" $15.99 and the were one of the best things I did to 2014 450. I used to get tons of mud, sand and debris in my filter now very little. Don't oil them. They are very porous and I notice no difference when I pull them out while the bike is running. But I also drilled 5 or 6  .5" holes on the bottom of the plastic shroud. It seems the front intake area just sucks up everything. Buy them!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 07, 2015 - 11:02 AM

It seems the front intake area just sucks up everything.

Maybe.  The '06 - '09 has the dirtiest air box I can remember looking at. 

• Wiz636

Posted May 07, 2015 - 03:23 PM

Maybe.  The '06 - '09 has the dirtiest air box I can remember looking at.

That's for sure! With the air intake being higher and forward I've noticed that my air filter stays MUCH cleaner on my '13 vs my '08.

• flapwick

Posted May 07, 2015 - 08:27 PM

030.JPG Is anything like this made for my 2014 YZ450f with the Cycra Powerflow shrouds?

• LeanBurn

Posted May 09, 2015 - 05:28 AM

The power flo's will fit. They are a square block foam that you stuff into the air inlet.

• bigbird192

Posted May 09, 2015 - 12:22 PM

I had more flame outs with them in. I did very lightly oil them. After a 3 hour desert race, they were barely even dirty and the regular air filter was as dirty as I would expect without the prefilters.

• stonefort

Posted May 10, 2015 - 09:41 AM

I had more flame outs with them in. I did very lightly oil them. After a 3 hour desert race, they were barely even dirty and the regular air filter was as dirty as I would expect without the prefilters.

Mine is the same way. I even tried taping up the small drain holes in the intake arms (no difference)

I am guessing we need a finer foam if we really want to get a substantial pre filter effect.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.