Help! Starting Issues

1 reply to this topic
  • Elijayyz450

Posted May 05, 2015 - 08:04 AM

OK heres the rundown i own a 2006 yz450, recently my fuel/air mix screw fell out while i was riding down the road, luckily i was able to find it undamaged and place in back in the carb, it took me a bout a week to get it tuned just right where the bike wouldn't stall or run too hot. So, after this fix it started on the first one or two kicks like it did before the screw fell out, i was riding my usual trails and the bike rode just like the day i got it. well i put the bike on a stand after the ride to let it cool and then washed it and parked it. Then a few days later i got sick and wasn't able to ride, but a few days ago i went to go for a ride and i could not at all get the thing started, and after a few kicks it backfired and i've been fiddling ever since, any suggestions what might be wrong? Plz help

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG641.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 05, 2015 - 10:03 AM

If your fuel screw fell out, you may be missing parts.  In order, from the bottom, there should be the screw, a spring, a washer, and an O-ring.  The O-ring and washer can stick in place, and mat not have dropped free, but they may have.  The O-ring is critical.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.