carbon deposits in the end cap

1 reply to this topic
  • WRF-Rowdy

Posted May 05, 2015 - 07:16 AM

Today I took out the 20mm end cap and tried the unused pea-shooter cap.

The rackit end cap has a really good coating of perfectly back carbon(?) deposit on it.

I recall a loaner 520EXC that I was allowed to use during an intenst week in San Rafael Swell.

We covered all, from sand dune WFO riding to 2h in 1st and 2nd in 5MOH.

The inside of said 520 muffle cap was a clean as possible, sliding your finger through it would make you dirty at all.

Hence: Are the EFI WR450Fs running super rich in racing kit mode, w/o closed loop lambda sensor?

I've got me the idle CO adjustment tool, but what about the rest of the power band?

Is anyone out here adjusting fuel amount with the Power Tuner guided by amount of carbon in the end cap?

Personally, I loved that 520EXC's tuning work, especially because she was combusting so clean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:23 PM

Not possible to be clean

The EXC is not a straight through exhaust design, so the majority of the deposits are still inside

You are worrying about nothing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.