need help! oil leak -YZF450

1 reply to this topic
  • simmondsj

Posted May 03, 2015 - 11:48 AM


anybody know what this part is called and how it is supposed to stay in the bike? is it some kind of pressure seal? was leaking oil really bad !
it has been JB welding by previous owner! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1430682433.130697.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 03, 2015 - 08:02 PM


Well, yes, that is the hose fitting that connects the pressure balance/overfill hose to the right crankcase cover.  It was originally a pressed in fit, but they are usually not reusable if they get loosened.  They are replaceable from the Yamaha parts catalog, or, you could JB it back in.  You would have to do a little better job of it, but that would actually work, short to mid-term.

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.