2014 YZ450f....Shifter is too high or too low.Suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
  • flapwick

Posted April 29, 2015 - 09:55 PM

JR h.jpg 1480.JPG Hey! I just got a brand new 2014 YZ450f that I love with every fiber of my being,but the stock shifter is either too low,or if I move it up to the next position,too high for my personal taste.Does anyone else out there have this same issue,and have you found an aftermarket shifter that ends up in between those two positions?That is honestly my only criticism of this awesome machine(and it's really just a personal preference)!

Edited by flapwick, April 29, 2015 - 09:58 PM.

• rr558

Posted April 30, 2015 - 12:54 PM

You could take a Dremel tool and cut the foot pegs on the bottom where the pin slides through and use a washer to shim the space on top. Two bonus's lower pegs and shifter is placed better , that's what I did .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flapwick

Posted April 30, 2015 - 06:26 PM

I'm not sure that I want lower footpegs, but thanks for the suggestion.

• YzCas

Posted May 01, 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hammerhead makes a good shifter to fit your boot size. Then you can put the shift lever on a tad higher than level with the peg or level and ride with it there you will get used too it that's what I did and it worked. At first it takes some getting used to but their shifters are great and look good too.

• EarthCruzn

Posted May 01, 2015 - 02:34 PM

I had the same problem, I adjusted it up one (and it felt too high) but I practiced with it using a "tap down" motion with my boot when down shifting.

Kinda hard to explain but thing about your body position on the seat during up shift and down shifting during the ride.  

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.