2015 yz 450 questions

8 replies to this topic
  • kvatland

Posted April 28, 2015 - 08:52 AM

I just switched over from my 13 crf 450 to the 15 yz 450 and have some questions on the bike, now from what i have read the gear box noise when the clutch is out is normal and it stops when you pull the clutch is normal correct? and my second question it the vent hose that comes out off the valve cover and down besides the frame is supposed to have air coming out of it when the bike is running?

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:07 AM

First question; yes, normal.  Just the gears rattling back and forth on each other as the speed changes constantly at idle each time it fires.

Second question; yes, also normal.  The piston moves 450cc of air back on forth under it as well as over it, so the air has to be allowed to go somewhere, or you end up pushing gaskets out and such. 

• kvatland

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:20 AM

that's what i thought, thanks 

• jcm3

Posted April 28, 2015 - 10:32 AM

Congrats on your new ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kvatland

Posted April 28, 2015 - 01:48 PM

Thanks, huge upgrade fro the crf, this thing is a animal 

• jcm3

Posted April 28, 2015 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, huge upgrade fro the crf, this thing is a animal 

Cool!  I came off of a modified KX500, so it actually feels slower.  :lol:  Of course, it's an upgrade everywhere else, including the way the power is delivered.

• wes513v

Posted April 28, 2015 - 02:57 PM

Cool! I came off of a modified KX500, so it actually feels slower. :lol: Of course, it's an upgrade everywhere else, including the way the power is delivered.

I just raced a club National this weekend after getting only 7 hours total ride time on the bike. I have been struggling after coming off my 06 KX which I loved. Well, I added a JGR link, Dr.D slip on and spent an hour dialing it in and finally began to feel comfortable on the bike. So much so that I finished the best I ever have in this class on probably the roughest track I will see this year. Night and day difference in handling and power delivery with just those two mods and a re spring/ revalve. Mapping is stock and I don't see a reason to change it. The bike is amazing!

• Kawirider37

Posted April 29, 2015 - 05:46 PM

who did your revalve?

• wes513v

Posted April 29, 2015 - 07:32 PM

Shock Therapy in Brea, California.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.