2002 WR400 Throttle slide plate - Looking for replacement

2 replies to this topic
  • Hoonigan

Posted April 27, 2015 - 05:32 PM

My friend had the throttle slide plate in his 02 WR400 crack and disintegrate sending bits into his engine and jamming one of his valves open.
I read this is a common problem and there used to be upgraded plates you could buy, the replacement part is $140 from Yamaha Japan and will take around 3 weeks.

Can someone tell me where I might be able to order a stronger throttle slide plate from? The carb has a red hot start knob which I thought meant it was one  with a revised plate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 27, 2015 - 06:08 PM

sudco

Keihin

jetsrus

jd jetting

yamaha watercraft (always cheaper)

• Hoonigan

Posted April 27, 2015 - 10:52 PM

Found a place locally with all the bits in stock for a decent price too $160 for both slide and seal. Show'n'Go motorcycles on Brighton Road in SA.
Apparently they have a decent stock of Mikuni and Keihin carburetor parts.

http://www.showandgo....html~mainFrame

Edited by Hoonigan, April 27, 2015 - 10:52 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.