WR400 and 96dB

4 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted February 16, 2004 - 06:35 PM

Has anyone tested a '00 WR400F with a FMF Q silencer, and power bomb header to see if it meets the 96dB requirement. Also does anyone know what type of measurement devices are acceptable for AMA events, or BLM check points. I know you can get sound meters from many places but I am not sure if there is a specific requirement for the measurement device.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 16, 2004 - 07:05 PM

I don't know how the testing is done in your state, but here in CA my WR400 would not meet 96db with the power bomb and Q. Back to stock for now. Most of my problem is as I improved jetting, noise also increased. Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kirkw

Posted February 17, 2004 - 10:31 AM

Passed at 95.9 with a SX powerbomb and Q in CA several times now.

• Dan_in_Roseville

Posted February 17, 2004 - 12:01 PM

I know this does not show if a powerbomb header was used or not, but Kawidual posted this link in the General forum, I found it useful.
You can look at what the different WR's tested at with what pipes. FMF Q numbers are shown, so I will post the URL here:

• kirkw

Posted February 17, 2004 - 03:05 PM

Dan, that is a great resource. It fits with what I was told by the Rangers/Testers at Hollister. For aftermarket exhaust they said that Qs passt about 75% of the time, with others (including end caps) about 50% or less. I called them before I bought my Q. Great to knwo they are posting this kind of data. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.