Can anyone tell me where these go in the engine,

7 replies to this topic
  • CrashGear

Posted April 27, 2015 - 06:53 AM

Son decided an Oil Change meant Tearing the engine apart, so now I am cleaning up the mess. It's a 2000 YZ426F. I have these little not sure what they are or where they go any ideas would be great.. There are like 4-5 of them two dif sets that look almost alike except for a tiny diff.. 

Thank in advance

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenHunter_03 Apr. 26 12.30.jpg

• vintage78

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:15 AM

Those are valve stem seals... Did you take the head apart? (Take out the valves)

• CrashGear

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:19 AM

Those are valve stem seals... Did you take the head apart? (Take out the valves)

Awesome and TY no I did not take the Valves out, trying to make sure I can even find all the parts.. Not sure HOW he equated Oil Change with Dad I TORE the engine completely apart.. And no I have not yet I will do that today.. 

• CrashGear

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:21 AM

Awesome and TY no I did not take the Valves out, trying to make sure I can even find all the parts.. Not sure HOW he equated Oil Change with Dad I TORE the engine completely apart.. And no I have not yet I will do that today.. 

One thing I noticed there are two types and I HOPE he did not take the old ones out. BUT if he did would there be a place I could find an image that would show which one went where..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:34 AM

They should be in two sets, one matching pair and the other three alike (exhaust and intake).  It's very unlikely that he had the valves out since it requires a compressor tool at least for the reassembly. 

• vintage78

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:38 AM

Its a 5 valve head, there should 2 that are the same and 3 others that look alike, the 3 that are identical go on the intake valves, the 2 others on the exhaust.

Unless he bought a gasket set and those are what's left over, I don't see how he could of ended up with the seals, without stripping the head...

Edited by vintage78, April 27, 2015 - 07:45 AM.

• CrashGear

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:50 AM

They should be in two sets, one matching pair and the other three alike (exhaust and intake).  It's very unlikely that he had the valves out since it requires a compressor tool at least for the reassembly. 

TY yeah he opened everything so I am playing guessing here.. 

• vintage78

Posted April 27, 2015 - 07:54 AM

Wait till you get to play the 'guess where the shim goes' game... Thank god there are only 5 valves...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.