Power Commander FC

3 replies to this topic
  • puffoxr

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hy guys,

I'd like to know if someone has installed the power commander FC on the WR 450 2012-14; I saw in the online installation manual that there area "some" cables to manage and, in my opinion, on a dirty bike can cause problems.....

Comparison versus power tuner?

Thanks a lot

Paolo

• stevethe

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hy guys,
I'd like to know if someone has installed the power commander FC on the WR 450 2012-14; I saw in the online installation manual that there area "some" cables to manage and, in my opinion, on a dirty bike can cause problems.....
Comparison versus power tuner?
Thanks a lot
Paolo

I know someone that uses one on a Husky 300 4T. Without any issues.

From what I've heard they would be more adjustable for say a really modified bike that you might be tuning on a dyno. However if it's relatively stock the the Yamaha comp. ecu and tuner work fine.

Edited by stevethe, April 23, 2015 - 07:48 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:54 AM

Yeah, you don't want a piggy back fuel "tuner".

Tuning quality is extremely rudimentary, and it has no effect on ignition curves

Get the GYTR ecu and tuner

• NewfieThumper

Posted April 23, 2015 - 02:39 PM

The PCFC works just like the power tuner minus the screen and it has to stay on the bike. It's doesn't have the adjustability that the Power commander 5 has. I have had PCV's on everything I own that fuel injected except my 2014 wr450....the power tuner is in my opinion the only way to go.....unless your a tuner and want to squeeze the most outta the bike.....but that will require the PCV and autotune and loads of time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.