Clutch problems

8 replies to this topic
  • hicklife18

Posted April 23, 2015 - 03:42 AM

Possible adjustment ??

• hicklife18

Posted April 23, 2015 - 03:49 AM

I have a 2008 yz450 f. Have had the bike for a year now and have noticed it does not have as much power as it should. After riding my buddy's 04 crf 450 I now feel like my bike is lacking alot of power. We opened it up to shim the valves and all were within the tollerence. I noticed the other day that it almost feels like it slips but only in certain gears. It's hard for me to explan... I was hoping someone could give me some insight in to what to check or look for. Is it possible it could just use a adjustment ? Could the clutch be going bad ? Or do the crf450s have more and better power displacement ? Any help would be awsome thanks !

• Connor_ferk1

Posted April 23, 2015 - 04:04 AM

• Tech707

Posted April 23, 2015 - 04:28 AM

Puff puff pass

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RmMoto

Posted April 23, 2015 - 04:49 AM

My clutch was just flat out worn out. Buy a bike specific clutch and springs. Make sure your clutch cable is inside it's little shield up top

• cjjeepercreeper

Posted April 23, 2015 - 05:19 AM

Its an 08, probably time for a top end.  That's most likely where your power has gone.  And, yes, a clutch too.

• grayracer513

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:27 AM

If it's a stock '08, buy a CDI from either an '06 or an '09 and plug that in.  Then get ANY kind of exhaust system for it other than the stock "shorty" muffler.  Your power complaints will disappear.

• hicklife18

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:55 AM

Has 205 for hours only puffs a tiny bit of blue when started and maybe when wromped on really quick , power bomb header then a aftermarket muffler but I don't know what kind is on it, just know it's not stock... what you guys think ?

• grayracer513

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:59 AM

Then replace the CDI with one of those I listed.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.