FMF exhaust products

Brand FMF

7 replies to this topic
  • ghorn0103

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:17 PM

I have the FMF power bomb on my 03 yz450f. Im just curious as to what the difference, performance wise, between the FMF power bomb and the FMF mega bomb

• stevethe

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:52 PM

The bomb is supposed to give it more low end. However it loses top end at the same time.

• springer8828

Posted April 20, 2015 - 06:07 PM

I have a 09 yz450f with a mega bomb and power core 4.1 I love it on mine spreads the power and it Really smoothes the power of you do loose on the top end it isn't enough to matter I never been riding where I had a chance to really open it up I do single track so yea

• YzCas

Posted April 21, 2015 - 12:18 PM

Is their a difference between a power and a mega bomb aren't they the same?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • springer8828

Posted April 21, 2015 - 02:10 PM

Yea as far as I know they are

• stevethe

Posted April 21, 2015 - 02:31 PM

Is their a difference between a power and a mega bomb aren't they the same?

No. One has a big bulge and the other is way smaller.

I tried a mega bomb on my built 450 and it sucked on top end. So I got rid of it.

• Pooley

Posted April 21, 2015 - 02:55 PM

Deleted.  

FMF has spoken :).

Edited by Pooley, April 21, 2015 - 04:14 PM.

• FMFRacing73

Posted April 21, 2015 - 03:23 PM

The Megabomb technology is revolved to produce more low end to mid range gains as well as broadening out the mid to top end power gains over stock. The Megabomb is best used for Motocross/Supercross and GNCC style trails. The Powerbomb is more focused in the mid to upper RPM range use for more high speed to end style riding.

http://www.fmfracing...Products/MX/32 

Attached Thumbnails

• FMF_Category_44.jpg
  • FMF_Category_264.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.