cracked float bowl

6 replies to this topic
  • Smedes03crf450

Posted April 20, 2015 - 04:34 PM

i was cleaning my carb on my 98 wr400 and when screwing the float bowl back on i guess i tightened it too tight or something and it cracked now it leaks everywhere the only place i can ind that sels a new one is a racing one for 200$ and for that price id rather buy a new carb just wondering if you guys had any sugjestions as to what to get and the cheaper the better im a broke college kid 

• stevethe

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:10 PM

Probably worth checking on flea bay for a used one. Unless someone here has a take off one they are not using to help you out.
I think I have a spare but it's from a 07' 450.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 21, 2015 - 05:53 AM

That's gonna be a tough one, being so old and not a current FCR model.

E bay

I don't think the CR/MX version will fit your slant-style FCR, but if does I have extras

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • guru

Posted April 21, 2015 - 09:03 AM

JB Weld it for a cheeeep fix.

• Smedes03crf450

Posted April 21, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Yeah its a but different than the newer ones I wish it wasn't because I seen a few of those for a good price I put some sealer on it to try for a
temporary fix do you know if a newer style wr carb or other carb would fit on my bike

• ThumpMe

Posted April 21, 2015 - 09:13 AM

+1 on the JB weld. That stuff is amazing.

Screws do not need to be near that tight, especially on carbs and other castings, like brake master and slave cylinders.

• Smedes03crf450

Posted April 21, 2015 - 09:59 AM

Yeah I think it was that something wasn't sitting rite because the case wasn't touching when it cracked

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.