Verifying Honda / Yamaha brake setup

No replies to this topic
  • Kurlon

Posted April 20, 2015 - 08:12 AM

A few years back I bought a 2005 CRF250 front brake setup with hopes up replacing / upgrading the crusty mess on my 1992 WR250.  No joy, the old machine's brake mounts don't match the modern YZs, so the caliper went on the shelf.

Fast forward to today and I have a nice set of 2009 YZ450 forks that will soon be mated to the antique.  A quick eyeball test says the Honda brake I have is on a bracket that matches the mounting lugs on the YZ forks.

I don't remember if I bought a Yamaha caliper bracket at the time or not.  How do I ID if it's a Honda or Yamaha caliper bracket?  My plan is to get a 320mm rotor, if my understanding is correct I should order a YZ oversized rotor bracket and the Honda caliper will bolt up but I want to have a touch higher confidence in that hunch if possible before throwing down cash.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.