08 yz450f

2 replies to this topic
  • motolemon

Posted April 20, 2015 - 06:10 AM

I have a 08 yz450. I just had it rebuilt. Ran great for about 2 trips then out of nowhere I am just sitting with the bike running in neutral and it falls on it's face. Then I kicked it 2 times bike started right back up then after about 100 yards shut back off.

I can start it up but it only runs for about 3-4 seconds

Please help. I have a huge trip to Hatfield and McCoy tomorrow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted April 20, 2015 - 08:03 AM

Sounds like some sort of fuel supply issue. Check your petcock for flow, but most likely you will need to pull your carburetor and make sure your float is operating correctly and all your jets and passageways are clear.

• grayracer513

Posted April 20, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Test the stator.  There were issues in '07-'08 with some of them.  If the resistance tests show OK, warm the bike up a bit (if possible) and re-test.  Also try rapping on the outside of the stator cover with a block of wood to see if it changes the readings.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.