2003 wr450 oil capacity?

3 replies to this topic
  • Bugger926

Posted April 18, 2015 - 09:49 AM

Did complete oil change filter and all. Manual says 1.2 quarts. Add that start it up and nothing shows on the dip stick? Keep adding or not? Also wad told Rotella 15/40 is good oil to run in them is this true or not. Thanks

• RMK800

Posted April 18, 2015 - 04:12 PM

Did complete oil change filter and all. Manual says 1.2 quarts. Add that start it up and nothing shows on the dip stick? Keep adding or not? Also wad told Rotella 15/40 is good oil to run in them is this true or not. Thanks

1.2 should be plenty. 15/40 is fine, I prefer the Rotella T6 full synthetic 5w-40.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 18, 2015 - 05:15 PM

Start the motor, run for 3 min.

Shut motor off, let sit on level ground for 1 minute

NOW check the dip stick.

• Bugger926

Posted April 19, 2015 - 06:15 PM

Thank you guys. I have had no luck since I bought this bike. All new electric starter parts and still waiting on starter clutch to get here.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.