Tusk Handlebars

7 replies to this topic
  • Thomas1737

Posted February 16, 2004 - 02:29 AM

Has anyone used the Tusk handlebars? I saw an ad for their T-7 Aluminum bars made from T6 Aluminum. Looks good in the picture and very low price.

• DirtDobber

Posted February 16, 2004 - 07:45 AM

Thomas,
If the bars are built like their 1 1/8" bar clamps, they gotta be good! I do like my new pro-taper bars though. Although now my barkbusters don't fit.
DD

• 5spoke

Posted February 16, 2004 - 09:49 AM

Hey dirt dobber.

whenever I go to a thread where you've posted I get a connect to msnusers sign in pop up. What's going on. Do you have a setting on your id or something. It's a pain in the butt to close the popup all the time.

Posted Image

• N7SLC

Posted February 16, 2004 - 10:04 AM

Hey dirt dobber.

whenever I go to a thread where you've posted I get a connect to msnusers sign in pop up. What's going on. Do you have a setting on your id or something. It's a pain in the butt to close the popup all the time.

Ditto...

I think you need to host your avatar somewhere else other than an MSN community. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtDobber

Posted February 16, 2004 - 10:43 AM

Sorry guys, didn't know that was happening! I don't have anywhere to store my pics other than the space MSN has provided me. But I agree, I hate pop ups!
I'll need to clear my sig pic too, because it's stored there.
Thanks for the heads up.
DD

• 5spoke

Posted February 16, 2004 - 11:20 AM

No problem Dirt. Maybe someday TT will be able to host pic's and movies. It's a pain to have them hosted some place else. I realize we get to use the site for free and can't complain.

A lot of guys use Sony Imagestation. Again it's a pain and doesn't always work, but it's easy to sign up for and free. :)

• Matt96xr6

Posted February 16, 2004 - 12:06 PM

My friend has a pair on his KDX. Just the standard 7/8" bars. He has not taken a fall yet to crash test them.

Fit is good, quality good. Only thing different is the ID of the bars is smaller than renthals and other aftermarket aluminum bars which caused some issues with the hand guard mounts (had to go back to "steel" bar inserts).

Myself, protapers! Tried, crash tested even against trees! No bending!

• ogrebelle

Posted February 16, 2004 - 02:27 PM

I can buy 4 pairs of Tusk's for the price of one pair of Protapers (3:1 for Renthals). That's all I need to know. I use them and they are pretty tuff. I can't say they're any weaker than any of the other 7/8" bars, and I can be hard on bars. I guess it just depends on whether or not you feel the need to have a "premium" name between your grips.
Doug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.