Problem with front brake

4 replies to this topic
  • Smedes03crf450

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:29 PM

So I took my front wheel off and accidentally pulled the lever so I opened the resivor so I could pry the pads together the when I got everything bolted up the front break is not working at all

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:51 PM

time to bleed ... you an use the ol pump method or use a vacuum pump and pull fluid throught the bottom bleeder.  Habor Height has a Vacuum kit very cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Muaythaicameron

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:51 PM

So I took my front wheel off and accidentally pulled the lever so I opened the resivor so I could pry the pads together the when I got everything bolted up the front break is not working at all

it shouldn't matter. Keep pumping it up. The plungers could be stuck. Grab a pair of pliers and pull them out and in a few times

• Muaythaicameron

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:52 PM

time to bleed ... you an use the ol pump method or use a vacuum pump and pull fluid throught the bottom bleeder. Habor Height has a Vacuum kit very cheap.

why? As long as he didn't lose any fluid he shouldn't have to bleed since he just pushed fluid back into.the reservoir when he pushed the pads apart

• Smedes03crf450

Posted April 16, 2015 - 05:18 PM

Okay yeah I didn't think I would need to bleed them like maybe I let air into the system but yeah I'll just keep pumping it is just thought it was weird

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.