Magura Jack problems

1 reply to this topic
  • Lowedog

Posted February 15, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Went on my first real ride today since installing the Jack. Made it about 12 miles and the little knob on the end of the rod coming out of the slave cylinder snapped off.
Any others who have installed the Magura had this happen?

Later,
Lowedog

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 16, 2004 - 04:21 AM

I commented on the magura jack mount on several posts on the YZ and WR forums in the past. It is a poor design and stresses the slave cylinder rod end. I designed a pivoting mount to take the stress off the rod and also made a cylinder mounting bracket. I put a staninless steel braided line on since the stock plastic one goes brittle or melts from being close to the pipe. You have to buy a new slave cylinder and PM me for the design prints and pics for my mount and pivoting rod end pin. Magura designers have their heads in the sand. The unit works very well and will last if mounted properly. I am very happy with the results, performance and I have had it on since last October. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.