Lightspeed Carbon Fiber Frame Guards - Question

3 replies to this topic
  • AtomicGeo

Posted April 15, 2015 - 05:42 PM

I bought a set of Lightspeed carbon fiber frame guards for my 2014 WR.  I need to drill a hole thru it, so I can attach to the frame.  I've never had carbon fiber stuff;  can one just drill a hole for a M10 bolt thru it like one would do for a sheet of metal?  Or will it splinter and crack if I try?

• stevethe

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:47 AM

I bought a set of Lightspeed carbon fiber frame guards for my 2014 WR.  I need to drill a hole thru it, so I can attach to the frame.  I've never had carbon fiber stuff;  can one just drill a hole for a M10 bolt thru it like one would do for a sheet of metal?  Or will it splinter and crack if I try?

I don't think it will crack or splinter however the edges may look a little chipped. Some people tape both sides and put a block of wood underneath it use a sharp bit and go for it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AtomicGeo

Posted April 16, 2015 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for the tips.  :thumbsup:

• patrick2wd

Posted April 16, 2015 - 11:16 PM

use glue?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.