No Leak Jet?

8 replies to this topic
  • BlueBeast400

Posted April 15, 2015 - 12:36 PM

Is there a reason why a 2000 wr400 wouldn't have a leak jet?

Attached Thumbnails

• Pictures 206.jpg

• BlueBeast400

Posted April 15, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Maybe a later model YZF carb?

• William1

Posted April 15, 2015 - 04:19 PM

A lot of 400 and larger bikes do not run a leak jet.

I looked at the parts list for you bike. While they list leak jets (all small....) they do not show them on the diagram, they show the starter jet (and interestingly, do not list a starter jet in the parts list). Nothing is perfect. Even the parts book. I suspect they list the jets incase a person decides they need on and drill/tap the bowl for one.

• BlueBeast400

Posted April 15, 2015 - 06:07 PM

A lot of 400 and larger bikes do not run a leak jet.

I looked at the parts list for you bike. While they list leak jets (all small....) they do not show them on the diagram, they show the starter jet (and interestingly, do not list a starter jet in the parts list). Nothing is perfect. Even the parts book. I suspect they list the jets incase a person decides they need on and drill/tap the bowl for one.

Thanks for the info, I was confused by the manual like you said. I did a little more research and Keihin made 2 different bowls, one with the leak jet and one without for some reason?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:35 PM

The Boyesen Quickshot 3 block it anyways .... it comes with a block out screw.  Obviously not needed.

• BlueBeast400

Posted April 16, 2015 - 06:16 PM

The Boyesen Quickshot 3 block it anyways .... it comes with a block out screw.  Obviously not needed.

Yah, after reading up on it a bit, blocking or not having a leak jet is supposed to reduce the amount of air in the float bowl and results in having better throttle response and less bog. At least that's what I understood?

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted April 17, 2015 - 04:16 PM

Just went out and test rode my 09 WR450r with the new The Boyesen Quickshot 3 ..... leak jet blocked .... one turn out ... very crisp! 

• William1

Posted April 18, 2015 - 04:22 PM

The QS-3 replaces the fixed leak jet with an adjustable one. One turn is the same as about a #65 fixed leak jet.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 18, 2015 - 04:52 PM

...because they cost less....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.