Meeting EPA Standards.. Japan Vs US Spec

1 reply to this topic
  • Drenmaster

Posted April 14, 2015 - 11:19 PM

I bought a 2014 YZ450F while stationed in Japan. It is Japan spec and no VIN or title. I will go to my next assignment soon more than likely the back to the states. I have been told to ship my bike back i need a letter from Yamaha stating the bike meets the same EPA requirements as the US spec bike. 

my question is whats the difference in a japan spec bike and an US spec. Pretty sure the motor is exactly the same, and spring rates and tires are the main difference. yea the bike has no VIN or title.. but it is offroad use only.. feel like i have to jump through hoops for no reason.. 

anyone know a good email to contact yamaha? 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xy500

Posted April 16, 2015 - 12:36 AM

I don't know anything about US law. But i thought a purely off road vehicle wouldn't be subject to any emissions requirements?

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.