SCOTT'S DAMPNER BUY?

12 replies to this topic
  • emcdan

Posted February 13, 2002 - 01:26 PM

I'm looking to buy a Scott's steering dampner. Does anyone know the best buy available? I found one place $405 w/mounting kit. Also had the combo upperclamp,dampner, pro-taper bar for $575. I mentioned a "group buy" if anyone is interested. Possible $5 off for 5 guys interested and $10 off for 10 guys interested. Please post if interested in a new Scott's

• Weezer_#_1

Posted February 15, 2002 - 08:23 AM

AZ Motorsports sells Scotts at a good price.
Anyone else know a place cheaper???

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 15, 2002 - 01:43 PM

Originally posted by emcdan:
I'm looking to buy a Scott's steering dampner. Does anyone know the best buy available? I found one place $405 w/mounting kit. Also had the combo upperclamp,dampner, pro-taper bar for $575. I mentioned a "group buy" if anyone is interested. Possible $5 off for 5 guys interested and $10 off for 10 guys interested. Please post if interested in a new Scott's

I've seen them for $550 for the whole deal>>combo TC's/Dam/protapers. I will try to find where it was I seen it and will post back here. ~Hitman~

• Shawn_Mc

Posted February 16, 2002 - 05:33 PM

500 bucks buys alot of handle bars. Ill just fall down and save the cash, Heck, my co-payment is only $35!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 16, 2002 - 06:39 PM

Shawn.........

Don't ride a bike with one unless you want to spend the 5bones.
You will never get on another bike and feel safe.
The big things turn into little things and the little things turn into nothing.
You may buy a lot of bars w/500bucks but how many seperated shoulders and broken wrists can you buy for 500bucks even if your co-pay is only $35 ??????
Trust me it is WELL :D worth the investment. especially if you ride hare n' hound or scrambles.
I thought bars were cheap too until I seperated my shoulder 2 time in 3months!!!
:)
That and 50buck/bars = Pain in my shoulder and pocket book! :D

• leif

Posted February 17, 2002 - 04:38 AM

Nothing worse than top gear death wobbles!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted February 17, 2002 - 07:02 AM

Two Dads Racing was advertizing them for $550 for the kit in one of the threads. Their # is 866-782-4600. I was going to order one from them.

$5 off if you buy five. WOW! That's less than a 1% discount. :)

• ChopperCopper

Posted February 17, 2002 - 07:26 AM

I cant say enough good things about the Scotts Damper. It turned my bike into a totally different animal. Rock steady in the sand, rocks, and roots. Sounds like you got plenty of info to buy one. Worth every penny, plus you can move it from bike to bike making it an great investment. My .02 Thanks.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 18, 2002 - 06:36 AM

I have the Scotts set-up on my scoot, but if I had to do it again I would go this way instead.

http://www.gpr-produ..._kits_price.htm

• hempking

Posted February 18, 2002 - 12:48 PM

dan....why would you go that way,price or have you tried one???

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 19, 2002 - 06:23 AM

Hemp, I've been using my Scotts unit for a couple of years now and I've had a few problems with it. Knob popping off and oil shooting out (Scotts said it was my fault,bs!) and mine has leaked fluid ( they say my fault too). Out at the races in the Nevada desert you would be surprized to see how many guys are running the GPR unit. They seem to love them and have had minimal problems with them. They're also cheaper too. I also like the fact that they have one big knob with only a few settings for fast changes. For the record, I have never used one but I've heard from many (Shane Watts and other pro's) that they work really well. Just my 2cents.

Dan :)

• zx7king

Posted February 19, 2002 - 06:30 AM

I just orderded a GPR yesterday direct and they couldnt have been nicer. I got the mount kit and damper (no bars) for the 330 TT rate. Very economical i thought. I will be trying it this weekend, will report my experience. Going to ride rather fast, rocky trails with some tight stuff too, should be a good test.

-- Charles

• zx7king

Posted February 19, 2002 - 06:35 AM

oh, yeah, i forgot... that 330 included 3 day shipping.

-- Charles

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.