Part number for stock needle and half step richer needle - 2006 YZ450

5 replies to this topic
  • supermoto400

Posted April 13, 2015 - 01:20 PM

Looking for the part # for the stock needle and one that is half step richer for 2006 YZ450?  In the Thumper Talk OEM parts store they have many different needles listed.  I'm specifically looking for the stock needle and one that is half step richer (if their is such a thing?).  Also, is the stock clip position #3?

TIA!

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2015 - 01:50 PM

That information is in the back of your manual. 

Stock is the NFPR, and stock clip position is 4, not 3.  The needle on which the taper is positioned a half step leaner is the NFLR, PN:  5TA-14916-LR. With the clip in #5, it's a half step richer. All other features of the needle are the same as stock, specifically, the upper diameter, which is effective in the range of 1/8 to 1/4 throttle, is the same as the stock needle. 

No manual?  They're free:

http://api.viglink.c...uals/index.aspx

http://api.viglink.c...ook.com.au/?r=0

• supermoto400

Posted April 14, 2015 - 06:35 AM

Thank you Gray... I bought this bike new but the dealer had screwed with it before I took it home.  It came to me with a 48 pilot and 170 main which I know is not stock.  Clip position is currently on #4.  I've never been able to get it to run right once off the pilot circuit so I'm thinking I'll replace the needle for good measure and go with one a half step richer while I'm at it.  I'll also confirm the slide is installed correctly.  My brother has an identical '06 and his runs perfect with the 45 pilot and 168 main, stock needle and clip position.     

Much appreciated as always!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 14, 2015 - 08:17 AM

That needle won't do what you're looking for.  The metering between 1/8 to 1/4 will be identical to what you currently have.  I'd suggest an NFLP (5TA-14916_LP) with the clip in 5.  That will make you a step richer as you come off idle, and a half step richer from 1/4 to 3/4.

• supermoto400

Posted April 14, 2015 - 08:28 PM

Hey Gray, the only needle listed in the FSM with p/n# 5TA-14916-LP as you state above is the NFLP.. is that what you meant?  Or are you suggesting using the stock needle (NFPR, p/n# 5TA-14916-PR) with clip on position #5?

• grayracer513

Posted April 15, 2015 - 06:29 AM

Hey Gray, the only needle listed in the FSM with p/n# 5TA-14916-LP as you state above is the NFLP.. is that what you meant? 

Yes.  Corrected.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.