Recluse clutch,

6 replies to this topic
  • YzCas

Posted April 13, 2015 - 12:30 PM

I have a 14 450f with recently installed rekluse clutch has been broken in properly,readjusted for free play one today I had it out it was fine for one hr bam to much free play again. What do you suppose is going on to make this happen after initial adjustment.it's the core 3.0 exp

Edited by YzCas, April 13, 2015 - 01:56 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Which Rekluse clutch?

• YzCas

Posted April 13, 2015 - 01:59 PM

Which Rekluse clutch?

thanks for reminding me what model clutch it is gray. It's the core exp 3.0.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2015 - 02:55 PM

The 3.0 has to be checked for freeplay at 3000 RPM or higher.  The instructions refer to the phenomena as "free play gain".   There might be any number of things happening to change the play.  Readjust it and see if it will stabilize.

• BGoyins

Posted April 13, 2015 - 03:29 PM

YzCas, I have the same Rekluse on my 2015. It is an amazing product IMO. The gain when just warmed up is less than when the engine is hot. Maybe by as much as 2-4mm. I recall the website may have mentioned that when hot, the pack will expand and gain should be set when hot. Regardless, I think this is normal and I wouldn't chase it around too much. Mine measures about 2mm when started and around 5mm when hot. 

• GHILL28

Posted April 13, 2015 - 06:22 PM

Agreed, the hot performance of the Core EXP on that bike is VERY different than cold.  And not just hot from the oil getting warm, but it will change when you really start getting on the clutch for the first few minutes, then it's pretty consistent from there on out.

• YzCas

Posted April 14, 2015 - 09:35 AM

Thanks guys for your help.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.