Squeak in front forks

6 replies to this topic
  • BFD26

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:46 PM

My 2014 yz450f squeaks when the forks go near bottom has anyone heard this noise?

• grayracer513

Posted April 13, 2015 - 06:23 AM

Aftermarket springs in your bike?  The only internal thing that normally squeaks is if the springs bend outward as they compress instead of compressing into a straight vertical stack.  Then they rub the inside of the fork tube and squeak.  OEM KYB springs rarely do this.  Harmless, but annoying.

Other than that, there may be something external to the fork that's making the noise.

• yzUSMCf

Posted April 13, 2015 - 12:49 PM

I have heard that at one point when my bike was newer around 20 hrs. It's all stock. I have not heard it in awhile tho.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Posted April 15, 2015 - 01:39 PM

As I said in your other thread, yes I had that problem with the 14 stuff

I see others here had it also.

I ran totally stock forks and after 10-15 hours it developed.

Stock components rebuilt at 18 hours. Still noisy

Only on certain types of G outs.

Took hole shot device off. Still noises

Installed Ohlins TTX forks and I haven't heard it since.

Wish I new what it was.

• zderekv

Posted April 15, 2015 - 02:10 PM

I had a stubborn creak in my fork a few years back. I tried everything I could think of and took many suggestions but the fork still creaked on occasion. Not very confidence inspiring for a 225lb rider. In the end I was able to get rid of the creaking but not until I pulled out every bolt - bars to axel and coated them with waterproof grease. Never had the problem again.

Edited by zderekv, April 15, 2015 - 02:12 PM.

Posted April 15, 2015 - 05:50 PM

My 2014 yz450f squeaks when the forks go near bottom has anyone heard this noise

Is this while you have the front brake on, and pushing down?

Edited by FRANTIK1, April 15, 2015 - 05:57 PM.

• BFD26

Posted April 16, 2015 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for the help guys it has stock springs in it and it definitely sounds like it's coming from inside my left fork. The spring deflecting sounds the most accurate for the sound I'm hearing.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.