Oil leak

5 replies to this topic
  • PacoPaez

Posted April 12, 2015 - 09:04 AM

On my WR450 I did top end. head done by CRFs only, new piston pin and rings bike was running good for 180 miles no leak
yesturday wile riding the Ride for Kids out of Glen Helen riding cleghorn side trails had to twist my throttle to rev the engine for more power thats when obove certain RPM under pump pressure oil squirt out by were water hose connects to the head What could I have done wrong on my torcking? follow the manual to the best of my ability.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 12, 2015 - 02:16 PM

You probably did not clean the surfaces enough before installing the new gaskets.

• PacoPaez

Posted April 12, 2015 - 03:27 PM

You probably did not clean the surfaces enough before installing the new gaskets.

thanks for reply I will install new gasket and check for dirt and warpnes retorck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eng208

Posted April 13, 2015 - 05:45 AM

You had the work done by CRFs only. lol. They don't know how to work on WRs.  Sorry couldn't resist. 

• PacoPaez

Posted April 13, 2015 - 09:14 AM

You had the work done by CRFs only. lol. They don't know how to work on WRs.  Sorry couldn't resist.

You are right Next time I would go to a Yamaha expert.

• PacoPaez

Posted April 15, 2015 - 06:55 AM

On my WR450 I did top end. head done by CRFs only, new piston pin and rings bike was running good for 180 miles no leak
yesturday wile riding the Ride for Kids out of Glen Helen riding cleghorn side trails had to twist my throttle to rev the engine for more power thats when obove certain RPM under pump pressure oil squirt out by were water hose connects to the head What could I have done wrong on my torcking? follow the manual to the best of my ability.
[quote]As I started to do my tear down looking around I saw what I think the oil was coming from loose oil hose next to dip stick,replaced hose Added some oil and started it and so far leak stopped. Paco

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.