Sons 2000 YZ426F issue

11 replies to this topic
  • CrashGear

Posted April 10, 2015 - 05:50 AM

Well my son not sure why decided that he and his friend needed to tear down the entire block to change the oil. Of course I was not here to stop that. So to make it short I have replaced basically everything in the block rings, seals etc. The issue seems to be that when kicking her over she does not want to hold compression. I cannot find a direct leakage per say BUT I know there MUST be one somewhere. I would appreciate any input on this that someone may have. 

Thanks in Advance,

Stay Extreme My Friends!

• blee03

Posted April 10, 2015 - 06:49 AM

Sounds like the timing is off... valves are opening at the wrong time

• CrashGear

Posted April 10, 2015 - 06:54 AM

Sounds like the timing is off... valves are opening at the wrong time

Awesome blee Thanks so much any idea where I might find anything on setting the timing correctly on this one. I tried to set it based on some info on the timing chain they had gotten. Never torn down this one before nor did I this time.. LOL.. 

• blee03

Posted April 10, 2015 - 07:30 AM

If you click this link  ---->  http://mybikemanuals.com/?wpfb_dl=193

It will download the manual for a 2000 yz426f

However this manual is 3 different languages, one of them is english so you'll have to sort of pick thru it a bit, but everything is there

Edited by blee03, April 10, 2015 - 07:31 AM.

• FRANTIK1

Posted April 10, 2015 - 07:16 PM

The valve shims also could have also been put back on the wrong valve.

• CrashGear

Posted April 27, 2015 - 03:44 PM

The valve shims also could have also been put back on the wrong valve.

Awesome I want to thank everyone today for this. This is the first time on a Bike I've gone into the Valves. So I got everything torn down wanted to ask would it hurt for me to spray the entire thing minus of course the plastic gaskets etc with Brake Cleaner. Then blow it with the Air Hose and scrub down. I want to make this thing as clean as possible since I do NOT want to be redoing it right now LOL..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcm3

Posted April 28, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I hope you're making him help you.  :thumbsup:

• CrashGear

Posted May 04, 2015 - 05:47 AM

I hope you're making him help you.  :thumbsup:

Roger that, we are almost completely done, today I mount the engine will do that while hes at School. This way its easier for me. BUT we rebuilt the entire engine. WOW what a TASK, as well as Rebuilding my Jeep and Hummer at the same time. These projects LOL.. 

Yesterday we were working and I looked at him and said OK Son what is the most Valuable Lesson learned from this. He said NEVER EVER take something apart the you have NO idea what you're working on. I have to say I'm proud of him. Especially since they had an ROTC meet in Co from last week until Sunday BUT as soon as he got back he came out and we worked like 6 more hours to get it ready. I feel like he's finally learning. :) 

So today I will post good NEWS I HOPE LOL..

• jcm3

Posted May 04, 2015 - 07:50 AM

Roger that, we are almost completely done, today I mount the engine will do that while hes at School. This way its easier for me. BUT we rebuilt the entire engine. WOW what a TASK, as well as Rebuilding my Jeep and Hummer at the same time. These projects LOL.. 

Yesterday we were working and I looked at him and said OK Son what is the most Valuable Lesson learned from this. He said NEVER EVER take something apart the you have NO idea what you're working on. I have to say I'm proud of him. Especially since they had an ROTC meet in Co from last week until Sunday BUT as soon as he got back he came out and we worked like 6 more hours to get it ready. I feel like he's finally learning. :)

So today I will post good NEWS I HOPE LOL..

The bright side is that he's learning from it.  All's well that ends well!  :thumbsup:

• CrashGear

Posted May 04, 2015 - 08:11 AM

The bright side is that he's learning from it.  All's well that ends well!  :thumbsup:

Have a HUGE question my friend. The Clutch Plates how do you adjust the 5 screws for torque on the plates. If you go all the way in then how do you know how far to back out? Is there a simply setting that even I cannot screw up..

• grayracer513

Posted May 04, 2015 - 08:43 AM

Did you used to own a British bike?  :smirk:

No adjustment.  Run them down and tighten them to the normal 7 ft/lb. 

Manual?

http://api.viglink.c...uals/index.aspx

http://api.viglink.c...ook.com.au/?r=0

• CrashGear

Posted May 05, 2015 - 05:16 PM

OK well I ran into an issue AFTER it was all together, the clutch works fine and I can spin the wheel holding the clutch BUT the shifter does not work nor can I change gears.  Anyone have a clue what may have happened there. argg.. 

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.