knee and elbow pads

13 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted February 13, 2002 - 02:02 AM

Anyone know where you can get good knee and elbow pads online? I was thinking that roller blade pads would probably be good since they are made for wearing while you're doing something active. Thoughts?

• zx7king

Posted February 13, 2002 - 03:10 AM

Before I bought my asterisk knee braces, I had the good old $12 thor pads that worked quite well. I also had the fox elbows that were also cheap. I don't ride with the elbows anymore becuase the annoy the heck out of me. I think you can get either at pretty much any store... try ... they are good.

-- Charles

• Merfman

Posted February 13, 2002 - 04:36 AM

I'd suggest the MSR V-tops for knee pads. The new generation elbow pads are sketchy at best, but IMHO, better than nothing. Hallman used to make some killer elbow guards but that was a couple of years ago...

7king... yea, elbow pads are a PITA but all it takes is one time for you to appreciate their use. I went down in the rocks in a Phoenix national enduro a few years ago and flat mangled my elbows. The only time I don't wear them now is at the MX track, and I've paid for that oversight as well. They're not as much a pain if you wear them under your jersey.

Just my $.02...

• zx7king

Posted February 13, 2002 - 04:57 AM

I agree, slap me on the wrist :) . Obviously with my investment in the asterisk braces, i care a lot about protection. I have tried the elbows above and beneath my jersey and they still just drive me crazy... they slide down. If i tighten them up so they dont slide, they cut off my circulation (no forarm size jokes here please, hehe). Maybe I need to try a different type. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- charles

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 13, 2002 - 05:52 AM

Have you seen the new AXO knee pads??? WOW!!!! They're trick!! They have a pivot in them and special protection for your knee-cap. Im going to get those puppies next.

• JBM

Posted February 13, 2002 - 06:24 AM

I've been thinking about trying these elbow jackets. Anyone have these

• Merfman

Posted February 13, 2002 - 07:58 AM

I haven't seen the AXO knee guards.. gotta link?

Those elbow guards are pretty nice. They're similar to the old Hallman stuff. I may have to field test a pair of those...

Zx7king... sorry, didn't mean to sound like a teacher. :) I've worn every piece of protection I can find/buy, even if it chafes. I have a motto:
If it's not covered by plastic, it's gonna get f***ed up. It's not if, it's when.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 13, 2002 - 08:45 AM

I have these elbow guards
and they fit pretty well....
I for the Knee guards
they are cheep, but works great....

Does any body know something about injury recover from dislocated shoulder? :)

• CAL

Posted February 13, 2002 - 01:40 PM

I have the Fox Ventilator. I'm pleased with them. I never know I have them on. $20 at my local shop.

• thumper4life

Posted February 13, 2002 - 02:36 PM

i cant fit knee pads into my boots cuz my calves are too big! so im going to try some skateboard knee pads

• scottzx7rr

Posted February 13, 2002 - 02:43 PM

I run the Thor Elbowsavers and like them a great deal. For my Knees I run the Moose M1 setup and really love it. Great protection for off-road riding. Here is a pic of them.
Posted Image

• yamaha.dude

Posted February 13, 2002 - 09:49 PM

Try here for shoulder info...

click this

I had my shoulder dislocate 7 times, and have now had it repaired... the first time was looping out my new CR250 as a 17 year old kid... that thing was a wild ride...

It's also a common problem for snow skiers...

Good luck, and get a good surgeon...

• DaveJ

Posted February 13, 2002 - 10:04 PM

Check out these guys. I use the six-six-one 2x4 pads since they extend to the forearm. Breathe well and I can use them for mountain biking as well. Super lite!

• Victor_Delgadillo

Posted February 14, 2002 - 08:46 AM

Thanks Yamahadude.....

I'll aprreciated about that site.... and i relly need it, cause these is not the first time.

I need to ride again...!!! i really need it...!!

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.