new sub forum for the FI bikes?

14 replies to this topic
  • slowpokecr250

Posted April 06, 2015 - 06:54 AM

I just got a leftover 2014, wr450f, love the bike, having a hard time finding stuff applicable to my bike. all search and FAQ stuff usually takes me to threads on much older bikes, maybe we could seperate the threads into the different generation bikes? or is that a lot of work?

thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 06, 2015 - 12:13 PM

All the info on the new bike is centered around a few threads, since the bikes are so new.

• NewfieThumper

Posted April 06, 2015 - 01:39 PM

I just got a leftover 2014, wr450f, love the bike, having a hard time finding stuff applicable to my bike. all search and FAQ stuff usually takes me to threads on much older bikes, maybe we could seperate the threads into the different generation bikes? or is that a lot of work?

thanks

I agree....very hard to find info on here with all the other years in one forum.

• Hooty

Posted April 06, 2015 - 02:10 PM

May as well have  a new thread

That said, I don't find it very difficult weeding out the older threads for non FI bikes

• JustG

Posted April 06, 2015 - 04:23 PM

Might as well seperate all generations then, huh

• Hooty

Posted April 06, 2015 - 04:57 PM

Might as well seperate all generations then, huh

There's no need to do anything retrospectively - pretty obvious that existing (e.g.) carby and jetting threads don't concern the FI bikes - and that existing threads about (e.g.) the PowerTuner do

But a new thread for technical issues re' newer FI bikes might be useful

• hootie233

Posted April 06, 2015 - 07:49 PM

I think a new sub would be nice considering people dont have specific names for the WR's over the years (Subaru GC, CBR F4, VW mk3, and so on). If I go out and ask a specific question it isnt ideal if some guy with a 06 is giving an opinion on an qualitative subject. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slowpokecr250

Posted April 07, 2015 - 06:30 PM

maybe we could get a sticky at least for the 12 and up bikes, basic first mods etc.?

• jas6395

Posted April 17, 2015 - 04:00 PM

Definitely needs a sub forum for the FI models, they are a completely different animal to the earlier models, I have been trying to filter through this sub to find some info.

• AtomicGeo

Posted April 17, 2015 - 04:48 PM

+1

We need at least a sticky

• hootie233

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:00 PM

So yeah, which mod do we have to bug to make this happen?

• Andrew Puetz

Posted April 19, 2015 - 05:55 PM

At least a sticky would help...  even if it were just for maps

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted April 22, 2015 - 02:44 PM

I'd prefer to see a sub forum with the fuel injected YZ and WR's than having all the WR's together. I'd be more pertinent to what I need. I get some info from the WR and YZ sub forums for my WR.

• NewfieThumper

Posted April 22, 2015 - 03:32 PM

You guys need to see how the snowmobile forum hardcoresledder.com is setup....makes life so much easier for brand and model specific forums to run smoothly and find info easier

• hootie233

Posted April 22, 2015 - 10:26 PM

All the info on the new bike is centered around a few threads, since the bikes are so new.

Well its been 3 years since they came out and as an owner myself, I can say that breaking up this sub from others would be very helpful. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.