gearing

3 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted February 14, 2004 - 09:28 PM

Any1 know what std gearing is on a 01 wr426??
Mine had 15/50. Feels good, but the front sprocket has been chewin' up the chain guide on the swingarm, so I figure stock must have been somewhat smaller. I have found a YZ426 service manual online, but am yet to find the wr. Any1 know of one??

Hamish

• dominator426

Posted February 14, 2004 - 11:42 PM

Stock gearing is 15/50 in Australia, 14/50 in Canada/USA... I've logged 5000 miles now, with 15/50 without any problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captain_S

Posted February 15, 2004 - 09:23 AM

Yep 15/50 stock for aus-nz,yeah i had to trim the ghain guide on the swing arm to fit the 15 front,also had to file the case saver over the front sprocket,make sure your`s is still there hamish or it could turn nasty if the split link or chain fails!,maybe a previous owner replaced the front chain guide with a non yamaha part :)

• Hamish

Posted February 16, 2004 - 02:03 AM

yep..checked that it's still there ...very tight fit though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.