How to I unclip the port for 2012 wr450f power tuner?

8 replies to this topic
  • hootie233

Posted April 04, 2015 - 03:42 PM

This is embarrsing, How do I go about unclipping the connector that you use to connect the GYTR power tuner into? It looks like there are 3 clips on it? I only have two hands and Im sure there is an easy obvious method that Im misssing out on. Thanks! Im new in case you cant tell

• openbook215

Posted April 04, 2015 - 07:39 PM

1. i hook my fingernail under the tab between the socket and plug
  2. pull tab away from plug and pull out plug

• Nuklhed

Posted April 05, 2015 - 08:31 AM

Yea, second that.  It's way easier and the tab pulls to the outside, not push in.  If you can't get it with your fingers, you're doing something wrong.

• 5270ADVRIDER

Posted April 05, 2015 - 09:04 AM

PULL the little tab, do NOT push.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hooty

Posted April 05, 2015 - 11:20 PM

Yes

This is hilarious - I struggled for about 20 mins with that little clip ...

• ApexAZ

Posted April 06, 2015 - 08:38 AM

This is embarrsing, How do I go about unclipping the connector that you use to connect the GYTR power tuner into? It looks like there are 3 clips on it? I only have two hands and Im sure there is an easy obvious method that Im misssing out on. Thanks! Im new in case you cant tell

This is kinda funny.  I struggled too.  Getting it off the mounting bracket was a challenge too.  I ended up taking the seat off so that I could fit a flathead into the clip release on the metal bracket.

• hootie233

Posted April 06, 2015 - 07:51 PM

Thanks guys, I was definitely doing something wrong.... Before I start an extra thread does anyone notice that their idle adjustment knob doesnt do anything? Do how do I adjust idle?

• 5270ADVRIDER

Posted April 11, 2015 - 08:54 AM

Mine works fine. Hook up a GYTR tuner, go to monitor mode and run the bike for actual readings. You can watch it change while making adjustments. I haven't tried to move mine drastically, but I've adjusted it with the meter hooked up so I know it works.

• vlxjim

Posted April 11, 2015 - 09:33 AM

Make sure the knob is pushed in. 

Oh and the plug is tight do to the water seal. But do lift the tab and pull.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.