Hinson steel clutch basket.

5 replies to this topic
  • torkd14

Posted April 01, 2015 - 09:37 AM

I'm about to put one in My 2011 YZ450. Anyone ever tried one in any bike? The thing weighs a ton.

• Will.A.R.

Posted April 02, 2015 - 11:18 PM

Why steel?

• 03yzf450-kuke

Posted April 03, 2015 - 06:02 AM

Cas steel doesn't notch and wear like aluminum.the 450s seem to eat the aluminum ones pretty quick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2015 - 06:16 AM

...the 450s seem to eat the aluminum ones pretty quick

Not the upper end stuff like Hinson/GYT-R.  The aluminum Hinsons are hard anodized and last much longer than stock.  Barnett makes an aluminum basket that has steel inserts along the fingers.

But the steel Hinson should be just about indestructible.

• 03yzf450-kuke

Posted April 03, 2015 - 07:46 AM

Good to know

• wes513v

Posted April 05, 2015 - 04:34 PM

Not the upper end stuff like Hinson/GYT-R.  The aluminum Hinsons are hard anodized and last much longer than stock.  Barnett makes an aluminum basket that has steel inserts along the fingers.

But the steel Hinson should be just about indestructible.

I ran the Barnett one on my KX for 4 years, not much visible wear at all, just some scuffing. I've got another one ready to go into my YZ next time I have a break from racing. MXA did a review on the steel basket and said everyone who rode the bike liked the way it made the bike feel. They said it wasn't the same as a flywheel weight since it wasn't on the crank

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.