Engine Ice

3 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted February 14, 2004 - 12:52 PM

Anyone using it. I bought some and am waiting to put it in my bike. How do I flush the system? Do I just drain it out completely and add the engine ice or should I maybe run some pure water through to get rid of the reminants of the stock stuff. I work at a pharmaceutical company so we have tone of rodi(reverse osmosis deionized water) water that i could use to flush it out. Is this even necessary? Thanks in advance for any advice. Cant wait riding season is coming soon. Just got a new helmet for valentines day from my girlfriend. :D Take care guys, D :) :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 14, 2004 - 12:55 PM

Dont use engine ice until it is hot out. 50/50 distilled water antifreeze works great for cold weather. When you are ready just drain the fluid from the drain bolt at the water pump and then refill. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Burnrider

Posted February 14, 2004 - 03:57 PM

When you decide to use it, flush with radi water a couple times. I think I even used vinegar to neutralize the system for one flush, say 10-12 oz with radi or distilled water. I then flushed it twice and used ice.

• rockchucker22

Posted February 14, 2004 - 05:13 PM

I use it and its great I drained my bike flushed it w/ dis h2o the filled it w/ dis h2o and ran it for a couple of min then drained it and added the ice. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.