Has this ever happened to you?

2 replies to this topic
  • ThomasYZ426F

Posted February 12, 2002 - 10:27 PM

I seem to be having a problem getting my right foot stuck.

When I put my right foot back on the peg, I get the soul of my boot “Pinched” (by soul I mean the small lip of soul that sticks out about ¼”.

The soul on the inside front gets caught under the rear break lever and the inside rear soul get caught on the bottom lip of the rear break cylinder cover (small aluminum piece).

It’s not like it happens every now and then. If I take 3 laps around the track, I get my foot caught 10 or more times.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bassr_#186

Posted February 12, 2002 - 12:06 PM

The same thing was happening to me. I installed DSP footpegs (not for that problem) and I noticed that it never happened again. I also lowered my brake lever to a point just slightly below parallel with the foot peg. I noticed I was accidentally dragging it a lot and was also nearly killing my bike in the air by tapping the brake pedal accidentally without the clutch in. I don't know if lowering the pedal height changes the angle where your boot is getting stuck, but take a look. Also, you might be able to see the spot on your boot that is hanging up and file it down a bit.

• John_H

Posted February 12, 2002 - 01:18 PM

Haven't noticed my foot getting hung up, but my Alpinestar Vector boot is taking a beating. The top lip of the sole on the right boot is chewed up where it hits the brake guard. Plan on gluing a piece of leather onto my boot right there. Haven't quite decided what I'm gonna do to the guard yet.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.