GYTR Tuner

16 replies to this topic
  • yz125dad81

Posted April 01, 2015 - 07:17 AM

I have a 2014 wr450f. I recently bought a GYTR Tuner for it and it doesn't work. I think I'm doing everything right. It connects to the plug at the air box. I try to send maps and it states, failure to connect to Ecu. What am I doing wrong? If it matters I bought this bike brand new. Thank you.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 01, 2015 - 11:04 AM

Post in WR forum

• yz125dad81

Posted April 01, 2015 - 11:11 AM

I have a 2014 wr450f. I recently bought a GYTR Tuner for it and it doesn't work. I think I'm doing everything right. It connects to the plug at the air box. I try to send maps and it states, failure to connect to Ecu. What am I doing wrong? If it matters I bought this bike brand new. Thank you.

• ApexAZ

Posted April 01, 2015 - 12:40 PM

I think you need to get the competition ECU, but I could be wrong. I just upgraded mine and bought the tuner, but bike is in the shop for a valve adjustment, so I haven't had a chance to upload any maps yet.

When you look at the GYTR Competition kit (comp ecu) it says it allows ECU adjustments via the power tuner. This makes me think you can't adjust the stock ecu.

• yz125dad81

Posted April 01, 2015 - 02:20 PM

Ordered one and over night delivery. Thank you and I'll try this.

• ApexAZ

Posted April 01, 2015 - 02:48 PM

Ordered one and over night delivery. Thank you and I'll try this.

I think in order to utilize the maps, you need to install the shorter throttle screw, since the maps are designed to make use of the full throttle.  I had the shop do this for me while adjusting the valves.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Seems to make sense to me since each setting is at a % of throttle and if you are stuck at 3/4 throttle, the top end may not work properly?

• yz125dad81

Posted April 01, 2015 - 02:49 PM

I just cut the throttle screw and put it back in. That was after my break in.

• thejimmian

Posted April 01, 2015 - 05:52 PM

Need the comp ecu. Throttle screw has no effect on connectivity. Sounds like you will be good to go though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5270ADVRIDER

Posted April 05, 2015 - 09:29 AM

The comp ecu comes with a new throttle screw.

• yz125dad81

Posted April 05, 2015 - 02:29 PM

I cut my throttle screw a few days after I bought the bike.

• ApexAZ

Posted April 06, 2015 - 08:52 AM

I cut my throttle screw a few days after I bought the bike.

How did the Tuner work out?  I loaded the aussie map this weekend and the bike is a beast now.  Kinda scares me a little.

The bike runs a lot better compared to stock.  It starts right up.  I do have some minor popping on decel though.

• yz125dad81

Posted April 06, 2015 - 09:07 AM

If it's minor I would stress it. I'm loving it. I ran a hard pack map the other day. So easy to ride wheelies and shift while doing so. Going to run the aussie map next ride.

• sledhead999

Posted April 06, 2015 - 03:05 PM

I searched, but is there any reason why a guy would choose the GYTR tuner over a Dynojet Power Commander V? Cost maybe?

http://www.powercomm...tion)&notes=91,

Edited by sledhead999, April 06, 2015 - 03:05 PM.

• woods-rider

Posted April 07, 2015 - 07:23 AM

Simplicity. The GYTR tuners are very easy to use, hard to really mess up your bike with, and it's what most people use so for comparing maps and getting suggestions it's the best one to use.

• YzCas

Posted April 07, 2015 - 07:57 AM

battery's are no good this thing won't work unless you have topshelf battery's in them or bad connection to bike I'd go with bad battery's.

• yz125dad81

Posted April 07, 2015 - 09:56 AM

The power commander V Is a piggy back system where the gytr competition Ecu is not.

• sledhead999

Posted April 08, 2015 - 07:15 AM

That's true the PCV is piggyback but offers much more flexibility, but its also more complicated at the same time! I guess I could see it being a double edge sword there...

Where the WR needs both the ECU and the GYTR tuner, price is about the same, but with the YZ only the tuner is needed.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.