Need Your Opinion

5 replies to this topic
  • Adam842

Posted April 01, 2015 - 06:48 AM

anyone know why my bike would stall if i pull in the clutch to coast. It has great compression and runs great in higher rpms but sluggish in the lower rpms. Could it be jetting or that the bike still needs to be broken in as it was just rebuilt. bike is a 98 yz400f

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2015 - 07:31 AM

The pilot circuit (idle fuel screw setting) is probably too rich, and/or the idle speed set too low.

• Adam842

Posted April 01, 2015 - 08:32 AM

The pilot circuit (idle fuel screw setting) is probably too rich, and/or the idle speed set too low.

ok ill mess with that when i get home from school.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Adam842

Posted April 01, 2015 - 08:33 AM

what does the idle screw look like and where is it. I think i know but want to be sure

• grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2015 - 09:59 AM

what does the idle screw look like and where is it. I think i know but want to be sure

The idle speed screw on your bike should be a black plastic thumb screw on the left side of the carb.  The pilot screw is on the bottom of the float bowl:

http://www.thumperta...-mixture-screw/

• Adam842

Posted April 01, 2015 - 10:50 AM

The idle speed screw on your bike should be a black plastic thumb screw on the left side of the carb.  The pilot screw is on the bottom of the float bowl:

http://www.thumperta...-mixture-screw/

ok thanks i appreciate it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.