bike's running funny

6 replies to this topic
  • dolan4265

Posted April 01, 2015 - 03:08 AM

ok so the bike starts/idles fine like 1st 2nd kick whatever but wont rev out.
it has no power and wont rev past 5500rpm about 1/3 throttle and it gets pretty hot and starts blowing a tiny bit off smoke when i shut it off but the weird thing is it kinda come an goes, i went for a short ride the other day and it was running shitty so i turn it off look at it start it back up go down the road a bit still running shitty staying at constant throttle then bam! random little wheelie out of nowhere, powers back, running sweet so i take it home, a couple days later i start her up and same problem again  :banghead:  
ideas anyone????

• dolan4265

Posted April 01, 2015 - 03:16 AM

also i have a bunch of old whinging neighbours that complain literally every time i start my bike could some old sook be putting water or something in my tank??

i drained the tank about 3 weeks ago put fresh gas in it and it ran fine. does water sink or float on gas? and yea i totally think they would do sometthing like that hahah  :lame:

• toten

Posted April 01, 2015 - 06:20 AM

Water in the tank could lead to that. Water ends up at the bottom of the tank. 

What year is the bike? What mods? On my '03, the electrical system was set up so the lights run on the DC side without any additional charging capacity, which lead to it not wanting to rev out with lights on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dolan4265

Posted April 01, 2015 - 05:53 PM

99 wr400, i got a vortex cdi i was thinking that might be it but like i said the other day it ran like crap for a few minutes then it was perfect then next time i start her up its crap again, i dont think its the lights its been wired the same way for about 2 years now

• toten

Posted April 01, 2015 - 08:43 PM

Water in the fuel wouldn't be a big surprise. At a minimum I'd drain the float bowl and a little out of the bottom of the tank. 

• fixitandy

Posted April 02, 2015 - 12:00 AM

also i have a bunch of old whinging neighbours that complain literally every time i start my bike could some old sook be putting water or something in my tank??
i drained the tank about 3 weeks ago put fresh gas in it and it ran fine. does water sink or float on gas? and yea i totally think they would do sometthing like that hahah  :lame:

i know exactly what the problem is, your neighbour is a clown & that's why it's running funny.

• dolan4265

Posted April 02, 2015 - 12:43 AM

its probably not my neighbours but i live in an apartment with a shared garage thingy and they all have access to my bike and its loud as fuark and they all hate me hahaha they're scared of noise or something

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.