red hot pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • sbrider

Posted February 14, 2004 - 12:37 PM

is it normal for the pipe to glow red at idle and cooling off while riding to then heat up again ideling

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 14, 2004 - 12:56 PM

You may be lean on your jetting. Idle too long and the pipe will go glowing red hot no matter what your jetting is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sbrider

Posted February 14, 2004 - 02:17 PM

i took out the plug so that is what i thought will i ruin the engine if left lean for a week or so of short riding till i can get it in the shop. any good jet advise

• tctrailrider

Posted February 14, 2004 - 03:23 PM

The glowing pipe is normal, if you let it idle for more than a minute. These bikes are not built to idle for long periods. There have been dozens of posts about this, nothing to worry about.

• sbrider

Posted February 14, 2004 - 04:43 PM

thanks everyone this is the greatest

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.